Monument record MDR12583 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Station Street, Ashbourne
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1894 AD to 1894 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodist Chapel at Ashbourne dates to 1846, and will seat 120 (see SMR 359). It has long been inadequate to meet the requirements of the increasing congregation and classes, and a new chapel is now in course of erection on the Paddock, in Station Street, at a cost of £1465. The Rev. John Redhead is the minister. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 2nd edition OS map. (2) The Primitive Methodist Chapel, in Station Street, erected in 1894, at a cosy £1700, is an edifice of red brick, with Stanton stone dressings, and has 400 sittings. (3) The building appears to have since been demolished and replaced with a terrace named 'Chapel Terrace' . (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 281.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 30.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1797 4634 (25m by 33m)|
|Civil Parish||ASHBOURNE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2016 2:01PM