Monument record MDR12584 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Dovehouse Green, Ashbourne
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1846 AD to 1846 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodist’s Chapel, Union street, is a neat brick building, erected in 1846, and will seat about 200 persons. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. It is just off Union Street, but is presumed to be the chapel mentioned by Authority 1. (2) The Primitive Methodist Chapel dates back from 1846, and will seat 120. It has long been inadequate to meet the requirements of the increasing congregation and classes, and a new chapel is now in course of erection on the Paddock, in Station Street (see SMR 358). (3) The building appears to have been demolished and replaced with housing by the 2nd edition OS map. (4)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 394.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 281.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1782 4674 (19m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||ASHBOURNE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2016 2:01PM