Building record MDR12585 - Church, South Street, Ashbourne
Type and Period (1)
- MISSION HALL (Victorian - 1888 AD to 1889 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Gospel Mission Chapel in South Street, which was built in 1889, at a cost of £340. Night schools are held here on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (1) There is a Mission Hall situated here on the 2nd edition OS map. (2) The Gospel Mission Hall, in South Street, was erected in 1888 and will seat 100 persons. (3) The building is labelled as a church on modern OS mapping . (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 281.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 30.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1803 4629 (21m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||ASHBOURNE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2016 2:01PM