Building record MDR12587 - Former Methodist Chapel, Chapel Lane, Clifton, Clifton and Crompton
Type and Period (1)
- INDEPENDENT METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1857 AD)
- None recorded
The Independents have a small chapel at Clifton, erected by Mr Dunnicliff. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Wesleyan Chapel, formerly owned by the Independents, is a small brick building, capable of seating 125. It was enlarged by its present owners in 1890. (3) The building still appears to be extant, but its current use is not known . (4)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 397.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 342.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 27/01/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1675 4460 (14m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||CLIFTON AND COMPTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 6 2015 2:33PM