Monument record MDR12588 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Mayfield Road, Hanging Bridge, Clifton and Crompton
Type and Period (0)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel in Hanging Bridge, which was built in 1860. (2) Modern OS mapping labels the building as 'The Old Chapel' . (3) Modern aerial photographs appear to show that the building has since been demolished and replaced with housing . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 342.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 27/01/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1611 4573 (11m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||CLIFTON AND COMPTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 6 2015 2:33PM