Building record MDR12593 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Derby Lane, Great Cubley
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1874 AD to 1874 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Wesleyans have a chapel at Cubley. It is a substantial brick building, which was erected in 1874. (2) The Wesleyan Chapel at Cubley was erected in 1874, with sittings for 150. (3) The building no longer appears to be in use as a place of worship . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 348.
- <3> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 135.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1664 3815 (9m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||CUBLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2011 4:55PM