Building record MDR12595 - Former Independent Methodist Chapel, Leapley Lane, Yeaveley
Type and Period (1)
- INDEPENDENT METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1814 AD to 1815 AD)
- None recorded
The Independents have a chapel at Yeaveley, in which they have service on a portion of the Sunday, and the Primitive Methodists occupy it on the other portion. (1) There is an Independent Methodist Chapel named Providence Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Nonconformists have a place of worship in the village, erected in 1814, and known as Providence Independent Chapel. It is a brick building, with cemented front, and will seat 120. (3) There is a Congregational Chapel in Yeaveley, which was erected in 1815, and has 120 sittings. (4) The building still appears to be standing, but not in use as a place of worship . (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 232.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 503.
- <4> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 448.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Web site viewed 28/01/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1845 3991 (9m by 5m)|
|Civil Parish||YEAVELEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 8 2011 4:59PM