Building record MDR12598 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Longford Lane, Longford

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Wesleyan Chapel, a brick building, was erected in 1874. (2) The building is still extant, but does not appear to be in use as a place of worship [2011]. (3-4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 402.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <4> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website visited 02/02/2011.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2258 3709 (14m by 11m)
Civil Parish LONGFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Feb 2 2011 3:00PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.