Building record MDR12601 - Bourne Methodist Church, Chapel Lane, Boylestone
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1846 AD to 1846 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, there was a chapel at Boylestone belonging to the Primitive Methodists that had been erected in 1846. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Map evidence indicates that the chapel had had an extension built on the front by the early 20th century, as shown on the 3rd edition Ordnance Survey map. (3) The building is still in use as a Methodist Church . (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 329.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Street View: viewed 02/02/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1750 3566 (19m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||BOYLESTONE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 28 2012 9:44AM