Building record MDR12602 - Methodist Chapel, Intakes Lane, Cross o' th' Hands
Type and Period (2)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Hanoverian - 1831 AD to 1831 AD)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1896 AD to 1921 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel at Cross-o'-th'-Hands. It was built in 1831. (2) By the 3rd edition OS map, the chapel appears to have been replaced with a larger building slightly set back from the road. (3) The building is still in use as a Methodist Chapel . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 393.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 02/02/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2826 4638 (23m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||HULLAND WARD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 2 2011 5:16PM