Monument record MDR12604 - Chapel House, Nether Lane, Nether Biggin, Biggin

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 2nd edition OS map. (1) The building appears to have since been demolished and replaced with 'Chapel House', with the original 'Methodist Chapel' stone re-set in to the front elevation of the current building [2011]. It is possible, however, that the chapel was extended and the whole building whitewashed, rather than it being demolished and replaced. The architectural details remain similar over the whole house, perhaps making the latter option less likely. (2-3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <3> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 03/02/2011.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2622 4783 (14m by 15m)
Civil Parish BIGGIN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jun 25 2015 3:43PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.