The Primitive Methodists erected a new chapel in 1875 (see SMR 8917), to supersede one built in 1836, which is now used as a Sunday School . (1)
A Sunday School dated 1836, which was formerly used as a Primitive Methodist Chapel. It is built of coursed squared gritstone, part rendered, and has a plain tiled roof. It is a single storey high and two bays wide. It has a central doorway with a plain raised surround, flanked by glazing bar sashes. Above the doorway is a stone plaque with the inscription 'Primitive Methodist Chapel 1836'. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 397.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. Ref: 80088.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2680 5006 (10m by 13m)
KIRK IRETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 5 2013 5:10PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.