Building record MDR12639 - The Lodge, Farley Hill, Upper Hackney
Type and Period (1)
- CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Congregational Chapel situated here on the 2nd edition OS map. It appears to be associated with the adjacent Darley Villa (now known as Trentham House). (1) The building is no longer labelled as a Congregational Chapel by the 3rd edition OS map. There is a now a Congregational Church further down the road (see SMR 10096). (2) Farley Hillside Congregational Church on Smedley Street West, which was built in 1901-2 (see SMR 10096), replaced an earlier chapel. (3) The building is now named 'The Lodge' on modern OS mapping . (4)
- <1> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21079 *Internet Web Site: Andrews, A. 1996-2011. Matlock's Churches and Chapels. http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/terrace/pd65/matlock/churches.htm#oth. Website viewed 16/02/2011.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2929 6123 (12m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||DARLEY DALE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 12 2018 2:31PM