Building record MDR12645 - Matlock Moor Methodist Church, Chesterfield Road, Matlock Town
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Edwardian - 1903 AD to 1903 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Church situated here on the 3rd edition OS map. (1) A Primitive Methodist Chapel was erected on Matlock Moor in 1903 and is still in use [?1996]. The foundation stone for this church was laid by George G Blackwell, a Liverpool merchant. (2) It still appears to be in use as a place of worship . (3)
- <1> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR21079 *Internet Web Site: Andrews, A. 1996-2011. Matlock's Churches and Chapels. http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/terrace/pd65/matlock/churches.htm#oth. Website viewed 17/02/2011.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3132 6147 (16m by 13m)|
|Civil Parish||MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 12 2017 10:22AM