Monument record MDR12647 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Riber Road, Wards End, Matlock Town
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) It is no longer labelled as a place of worship in the 3rd edition OS map, and it appears to have been replaced by a chapel on Starkholmes Road (see SMR 30803). (2) The Primitive Methodist Chapel at Starkholmes that was built in 1905 appears to have replaced an earlier chapel at Ward's End. (3) The chapel appears to have been replaced with 'The Gables' ; however some of the chapel may have been incorporated in to it. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21079 *Internet Web Site: Andrews, A. 1996-2011. Matlock's Churches and Chapels. http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/terrace/pd65/matlock/churches.htm#oth. Website viewed 17/02/2011.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3024 5881 (20m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 19 2015 5:19PM