Building record MDR12650 - Tansley Methodist Church, Church Street, Tansley
Type and Period (2)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1870 AD to 1882 AD)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL ? (Georgian - 1829 AD to 1829 AD)
- None recorded
The Wesleyan Methodists have a neat chapel here. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel here, with burial ground attached. (3) The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Church Street dates to the late 19th century. It has a tablet inscribed 'open'd December 25th 1829', which has been reset in to the current building. (4) The building still appears to be in use as a place of worship . (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 257.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 471.
- <4> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 56.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3222 5962 (17m by 28m)|
|Civil Parish||TANSLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 12 2016 10:38AM