Monument record MDR12651 - Methodist burial ground, Church Street, Tansley
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Georgian to Victorian - 1829 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
There is a burial ground associated with a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel here, with a burial ground attached. (2) The late 19th century Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Church Street has a reset tablet inscribed 'open'd December 25th 1829' reset. (3) The burial ground remains in front of what is now known as Tansley Methodist Church . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 471.
- <3> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 56.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3224 5963 (26m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||TANSLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 12 2016 10:38AM