Building record MDR12654 - Wensley Methodist Church, Wensley, South Darley
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1829 AD to 1879 AD)
- None recorded
The Methodists have a chapel, built of stone, in 1830. It will seat 150. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at Wensley, with accommodation for 150. It was built in 1830. (3) The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at Wensley was built in 1829, and enlarged in 1879. (4) The building still appears to be in use as a place of worship . (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 549.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 354.
- <4> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 56.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2619 6110 (15m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||SOUTH DARLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 18 2011 2:23PM