Building record MDR12657 - Dale Road Methodist Church, Dale Road North, Darley Dale

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Wesleyan Methodist Church situated here on the 3rd edition OS map. It appears to have replaced an earlier chapel in Two Dales as a place of worship for the Wesleyan Methodists (see SMR 9863). (1) There is a Wesleyan chapel adjoining the Whitworth Institute grounds, which was erected in 1904. (2) It is still in use as a place of worship [2011]. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 137.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2733 6299 (19m by 21m)
Civil Parish DARLEY DALE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Aug 16 2016 2:44PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.