Building record MDR12664 - Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cotton Street, Old Bolsover
Type and Period (2)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1898 AD to 1898 AD)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1865 AD to 1865 AD)
- None recorded
There is a chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodist Chapel at Bolsover was erected in 1865 at a cost of £450, exclusive of much gratuitous labour. (2) The Primitive Methodist Chapel was erected in 1898 and has 300 sittings. (3) The building may still be standing, but it is no longer in use as a place of worship . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 218.
- <3> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 63.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4740 7042 (14m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD BOLSOVER, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 14 2017 11:21AM