Building record MDR12683 - United Methodist Free Chapel, Derby Road, Swanwick
Type and Period (1)
- UNITED METHODIST FREE CHAPEL (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1850 AD to 1950 AD)
- None recorded
There is a United Methodist Free Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The United Methodist Free Church was erected in 1850, and was new-fronted and re-furnished in 1875 at a cost of £520. It will accommodate 350, and is in the Ripley circuit. (2) The chapel has been extended to the north by the 4th edition OS map. (3) It is still in use as a place of worship . (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 615.
- <3> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 30/03/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4033 5344 (22m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||SWANWICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 20 2014 2:27PM