Building record MDR12684 - Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Pentrich Road, Swanwick
Type and Period (2)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1880 AD to 1880 AD)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1857 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel in Swanwick that was built in 1849. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Primitive Methodist Chapel is an attractive-looking structure, rebuilt on the old site at a cost of £800. It will seat 350. (3) The chapel appears to have been rebuilt by the 2nd edition OS map, as the building's footprint has altered. (4) The chapel now appears to be in use as a pre-school . It has a plaque dated 1880 on the front elevation. (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 663.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 615.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 30/03/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4013 5321 (11m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||SWANWICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 20 2014 2:27PM