Monument record MDR12688 - United Methodist Free Chapel and Sunday School (site of), Sleetmoor Lane, Somercotes
Type and Period (2)
- UNITED METHODIST FREE CHAPEL (Victorian - 1863 AD to 1882 AD)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a United Methodist Free Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map, with an adjoining Sunday school present by the 2nd edition. (1-2) There is a United Methodist Free Chapel on Sleetmoor Lane . It is an attractive-looking structure, built in 1863, at a cost of £660, and enlarged in 1882 at a further outlay of £700. In connection with the chapel is a well-attended Sunday school. It is in the Riddings Circuit. (3) The buildings has since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 614.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 31/03/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4206 5391 (29m by 35m)|
|Civil Parish||SOMERCOTES, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 31 2011 11:32AM