Building record MDR12695 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Chapel Yard, South Wingfield
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1811 AD to 1811 AD)
- None recorded
The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel in South Wingfield, which was built in 1811. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at South Wingfield is a plain, freestone building, which was erected in 1811. (3) The chapel appears to have since been extended and converted in to a cottage (or alternatively, was demolished and a cottage built in its place) . (4-5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 798.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 688.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 01/04/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3743 5514 (12m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||SOUTH WINGFIELD, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 22 2017 3:49PM