Monument record MDR12723 - Lead mining remains, Soggs Wood, Wirksworth
Type and Period (1)
- MINE SHAFT (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 11.1B, with photo.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
- <6> SDR23310 Bibliographic reference: Martin, B. 1765. The Natural History of Derbyshire.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3229 5527 (41m by 42m)|
|Civil Parish||WIRKSWORTH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM