A Congregational Chapel is situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1)
The Congregationalists have a neat edifice of dressed stone in Fritchley. It was erected in 1841. (2)
The chapel has been extended by the 3rd edition OS map. (3)
A non-conformist chapel dated to 1841. It is built of ashlar and coursed squared gritstone, with an ashlar front. It has quoins and a hipped slate roof behind a pediment. The south west elevation has tall semi-circular headed blind recesses, with keyblocks to arch heads, and impost blocks to projecting stone surrounds. There is a central doorway with a semi-circular head incorporating intersecting glazing bars. It incorporates double doors, each of two panels. There is a pediment with a moulded cornice and coping, and within the apex there is a stone plaque inscribed 'Congregational Chapel 1841'. The side wall windows have semi-circular arched heads and cast iron window frames, with intersecting glazing bars to the window heads. (4)
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 646.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number: 1356149, UID Ref: 78672.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3578 5294 (20m by 28m)
CRICH, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 29 2018 12:27PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.