Monument record MDR12752 - Congregational Chapel (site of), Butterley Hill, Ripley
Type and Period (1)
- CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL (Victorian - 1869 AD to 1869 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Congregational Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Congregational Chapel, situated at Butterley Hill, is a plain building, erected in 1869, to accommodate about 200. (2) It is still in use as a chapel on the 4th edition OS map. (3) The site is now occupied by a 'Club' . It is not known if any of the former chapel survives within the present building. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 577.
- <3> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3995 5087 (20m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 9 2016 3:01PM