Monument record MDR12765 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), off Brook Street, Heage
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1828 AD to 1828 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodists have a chapel at Heage . (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Primitive Methodist Chapel, erected 1828, is a plain building of brick. The lower part is used as a dwelling-house. (3) By the 3rd edition OS map, the building is in use as a Sunday school, and a new Primitive Methodist Chapel was built to the southeast (see SMR 33501). The building had been demolished by the 4th edition OS map. (4-5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 201.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 662.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3715 5011 (18m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 19 2011 12:17PM