Monument record MDR12768 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Malthouse Lane, Nether Heage
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1878 AD to 1878 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel at Nether Heage . It is a handsome edifice of cut stone, which was erected in 1878, at a cost of £400. (2) It is no longer in use as a chapel by the 2nd edition OS map, and appears to have been superseded by a later chapel to the northeast (see SMR 33504). (3) The building has since been demolished . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 662.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3592 5072 (24m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 19 2011 2:21PM