Monument record MDR12771 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Ripley Road, Buckland Hollow
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1840 AD to 1886 AD)
- None recorded
There is a church situated here on the 1st edition OS map. It is named as a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on the 2nd edition. (1-2) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at Buckland Hollow that was built in about 1840 by Mr David Wheatcroft, then owner of the land. It was purchased by the Wesleyans from F N Smith, Esq., in 1886. It stands within its own neatly laid-out grounds, and is somewhat unique in style, being lighted from the top by an octagonal dome. (3) The chapel has since been demolished . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. pp 663-4.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3761 5176 (30m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 19 2011 3:54PM