Monument record MDR12806 - Railway branch line alteration, Dinting, Glossop

Type and Period (1)

  • (Victorian - 1885 AD? to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Comparison of historic maps shows that sometime in the 1880s or 1890s there were changes at Dinting Junction, so that the Glossop branch line became easily accessible to trains travelling both north and south along the main line, rather than just those travelling south. This involved the construction of a new stretch of track between the Junction and Dinting Lane. (1, 2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 0217 9470 (335m by 352m)
Civil Parish GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 15 2017 3:52PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.