Building record MDR12812 - Grange Primary School, Station Road, Long Eaton

Type and Period (1)

  • (Early 20th Century to Second World War - 1930 AD to 1940 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Grange Primary School, Long Eaton, was built to a design by the Derbyshire architect George Henry Widdows, probably in the 1930s. The school comprises large spread-out single- and two-storey buildings of buff brick and orange/brown brick, still mostly with the original steel windows, although some are now upvc. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: Morrison, A B. 2004. Surviving Widdows Buildings in Derbyshire.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4993 3376 (153m by 166m)
Civil Parish LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 5 2017 4:46PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.