(Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1884 AD? to 1926 AD?)
Loading documents & images
A new school was built at Morton in 1884, at a cost of £600. It had two departments - mixed and infants - with an average attendance of 192. (1)
Morton Primary School is a 1927 rebuild of the Victorian school, to a design by George Henry Widdows. All windows are now pvc. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 673.
Unpublished document: Morrison, A B. 2004. Surviving Widdows Buildings in Derbyshire.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4108 6015 (51m by 57m)
MORTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 7 2011 3:48PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.