Find Spot record MDR1283 - Stone axes and flint dagger, near One Ash Farm, Monyash
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- None recorded
A roughly chipped flint axe 5¼ inches long by 2½ inches wide was found at One Ash Farm in October 1857. Another two axes, one Group XX, the other Epidorite, were found in March 1857. A flint dagger was found prior to 1850. Now in Sheffield City Museum. (1,3,4). A chipped axe, a sandstone axe, a toadstone axe and a probable flint dagger found on One Ash farm near Monyash, October & March 1857. (2).
- <1> SDR2980 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1855. Descriptive Catalogue of the Antiquities at Lomberdale House. L120, L126, K745.
- <2> SDR7282 Bibliographic reference: Howarth, E. 1899. Catalogue of the Bateman Collection of Antiquities in the Sheffield Public Museum. pp 19, 23, 25,51.
- <3> SDR13190 Article in serial: Moore, C N and Cummins, W A. 1974. 'Petrological Identification of Stone Implements from Derbyshire and Leicestershire', Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society. Volume 40, pp 59-78.
- <4> SDR9826 Index: NDAT. 1551. 1551.
|Grid reference||SK 169 652 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||MONYASH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 29 2008 4:17PM