Monument record MDR12840 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Park Street, Heanor
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1886 AD to 1886 AD)
- None recorded
There is a chapel situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 that is not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1-2) The Primitive Methodists erected their first chapel at Heanor in 1819 [the location of this chapel is uncertain, although it may be the chapel labelled on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880 at SK 304 465]. This building was sold, and the present commodious chapel was built in 1886 at a cost of £1,100. (3) The Heanor and District Local History Society list Heanor Primitive Methodist Chapel as having been situated on Park Street. (4) The building has since been demolished . (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 522.
- <4> SDR21140 *Internet Web Site: Heanor & District Local History Society. Churches and Chapels. http://www.heanorhistory.org.uk/ChurchesChapels.htm. Webpage last modified 06/06/2011.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4298 4675 (27m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||HEANOR AND LOSCOE, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2017 10:40AM