Monument record MDR12843 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Breach Road, Langley
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 that is not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It appears to have superseded a chapel situated to the northwest on the 1st edition OS map (see SMR 20532). (1-2) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel at Langley . (3) The chapel has since been demolished but the site remains undeveloped . (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 522.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 16/06/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4476 4613 (53m by 33m)|
|Civil Parish||HEANOR AND LOSCOE, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 16 2011 2:57PM