Monument record MDR12880 - Holy Trinity Church (site of), off Boat Lane, Stoneyford
Type and Period (1)
- ANGLICAN CHURCH (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a church situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 named Holy Trinity Church. There is a building here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880, but it is not known if this was the same building that was then used as a church. By the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 19th century the church is in use as a Sunday school, and a Mission Church has been built to the south (see SMR 16031). (1-3) A page on the Jacksdale and Westwood Community Website mentions the Stoneyford Memorial Plaque, 'which used to be inside the tin tabernacle at Stoneyford. The tabernacle has now been re-constructed at the Golden Valley Railway Museum. The Memorial Plaque is now inside Christ Church, Ironville [SMR 21817]'. It is uncertain whether the tin tabernacle they refer to is the Holy Trinity Church, or the later Mission Church [also see SMR 16031]. (4) The building has since been demolished or removed. The site remains undeveloped . (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR21150 *Internet Web Site: Taylor-Cockayne, C (BADJER). Stoneyford Memorial. http://www.jacksdale.org.uk/pages/OtherMems/Stoneyford/StoneyMem.htm. Website viewed 24/06/2011.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4457 4924 (31m by 34m)|
|Civil Parish||ALDERCAR AND LANGLEY MILL, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 24 2011 12:12PM