Monument record MDR1290 - Barrow (possible site of), Rick Low, Monyash
Type and Period (1)
- ROUND BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Possible barrow circle identified on an aerial photograph of 1948. (1) Rick Low, near Monyash, is included by Bateman in a list of barrows. (2) No surface indications of a barrow seen. (3) This site was probably postulated by Bateman on place-name evidence only. There is no extant site at the grid reference given above. (6)
- <1> SDR785 Aerial Photograph: 1948. Aerial Photograph: 2598/3187-8, 16th of April, 1948.
- <2> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p 294.
- <3> SDR6081 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 11-MAR-66.
- <4> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p 83.
- <5> SDR9822 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 1547. 1547.
- <6> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 8:C.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1626 6619 (222m by 144m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||MONYASH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 9 2015 12:08PM