Monument record MDR12900 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Fairfield Road, Horsley Woodhouse
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1851 AD to 1851 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel at Horsley Woodhouse that was built in 1851 and will seat about 200. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel in Horsley Woodhouse. It is a plain building that was erected in 1851, and seats 150. (3) The chapel has since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (4-5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 278.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 533.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 01/07/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3952 4490 (16m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||HORSLEY WOODHOUSE, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 25 2013 4:14PM