Building record MDR12906 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Lodge Row, Mapperley
Type and Period (2)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1874 AD to 1874 AD)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL ? (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1857 AD)
- None recorded
The Methodists have a small chapel at Mapperley . (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel at Mapperley that was built in 1874. It accommodates 150. (3) It no longer appears to be in use as a place of worship . (4-5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 288.
- <2> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 567.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 01/07/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4348 4301 (15m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||MAPPERLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 1 2011 4:59PM