Building record MDR12911 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Morley Almshouses Lane, Morleymoor

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It is still in use by the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. (1-2) There is a Wesleyan Chapel in Morley parish [1912]. (3) The building is still standing, but is no longer in use as a place of worship [2011]. (4-5)

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 350.
  • <4> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <5> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 07/07/2011.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3869 4127 (9m by 9m)
Civil Parish MORLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Sep 1 2016 11:22AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.