Monument record MDR12913 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Belper Road, Stanley Common
Type and Period (2)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1886 AD to 1886 AD)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel at Stanley . [It is uncertain whether White & Co. are referring to this chapel, or SMR 26323]. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It appears to have been rebuilt by the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. (2-3) The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel at Stanley Common that was rebuilt in 1886. (4) The chapel has since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (5-6)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 236.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 599.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <6> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 07/07/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4173 4218 (28m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||STANLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 7 2011 3:46PM