Monument record MDR12938 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Station Road, Ilkeston

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 that was not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1-2) There was formerly a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Station Road that was built in 1893. The last service took place in 1989, after which the building became a factory, then a warehouse, before it was demolished in the early 1990s. The site is now occupied by houses [2004]. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> *Internet Web Site: Ilkeston & District Local History Society. 2004. Ilkeston's Churches and Chapels Past and Present. http://www.ilkestonhistory.org.uk/Churches%20and%20Chapels.htm. Website viewed 15/07/2011.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4706 4229 (29m by 39m)
Civil Parish ILKESTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jun 1 2016 2:41PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.