Monument record MDR12960 - Boundary stone on the B5035, Knockerdown, Brassington
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY STONE (Early 20th Century - 1901 AD? to 1921 AD?)
- None recorded
A triangular boundary stone with a sloping top is present on the west side of the road near Knockerdown Farm. The sloping top of the stone is inscribed with the word 'TOWNSHIP'; one side of the angled faces reads 'HOGNASTON', the other 'CARSINGTON'. (1) The first Ordnance Survey map to mark the boundary stone is the 3rd edition, suggesting it was put in place in the early 20th century. (2, 3)
- <1> SDR19355 Index: Higgins, J (The Milestone Society). County Milestone Survey.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||SK 2324 5178 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BRASSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 5 2013 5:10PM