A grade II listed non-conformist church that was built in 1905 by H Tatham Sudbury of Ilkeston. It is built in the Art Nouveau Gothic style. It is built of red brick with stone dressings and has a plain tile roof. It comprises nave and chancel, aisles, north east tower, and transepts. There is a west porch and parish rooms attached to the southeast corner. See list description for more details. (1)
The construction of the United Reform Church on Wharncliffe Road began in April 1904. The architect was Mr Harry Tatham Sudbury, and the builder was Mr Alfred Earnshaw of Burr Lane. The official opening took place in March 1905, with the dedication being carried out by Reverend J Guiness Rogers of London. (2)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. Original UID: 352262.
*Internet Web Site: Ilkeston & District Local History Society. 2004. Ilkeston's Churches and Chapels Past and Present. http://www.ilkestonhistory.org.uk/Churches%20and%20Chapels.htm. Webiste viewed 28/07/2011.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4636 4164 (28m by 28m)
ILKESTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 11 2014 5:13PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.