Monument record MDR12970 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Wesley Lane, Ockbrook
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1824 AD to 1842 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodist's Chapel at Ockbrook was built in 1824 and enlarged in 1842. It is a neat brick building. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated in this area on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) The Primitive Methodists have had a small chapel in Ockbrook since 1824. (3) By the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900, the chapel has fallen out of use, and appears to have been superseded with a chapel to the north [see SMR 18755]. (4) It is uncertain whether this building is still extant . (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 302.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 571.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4218 3623 (28m by 27m)|
|Civil Parish||OCKBROOK, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 8 2015 11:10AM