Building record MDR12981 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Dale Road, Stanton-by-Dale
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1860 AD to 1921 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) The Wesleyans have a chapel at Stanton-by-Dale that was built in 1860, and is capable of seating 100. (2) The chapel had been enlarged to its current size by the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. (3) It is no longer in use as a place of worship . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 600.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4643 3793 (17m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||STANTON BY DALE, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2017 12:29PM