A grade II listed school chapel that was built in 1875 by Robinson of Derby, with minor internal alterations by Sir Albert Richardson in 1949. It is built of red brick with brick and stone dressings and numerous bands of yellow and blue brick. There are also green glazed tile bands and a continuous sill band of moulded bricks to the apse and transept bays. It has a plain tile roof with stone coped gables on moulded kneelers, crested ridge tiles and iron ridge finials. All the apse windows have stained glass by Francis Spear of 1949, and the transept windows have late 19th century and early 20th century stained glass panels. The school attached to the west is of no special interest. See list description for more details. (1)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. Original UIDL: 82211.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4827 3382 (22m by 26m)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2017 11:09AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.