Building record MDR13022 - Methodist Church, The Green, Aston upon Trent
Type and Period (2)
- METHODIST CHAPEL (Mid 20th Century to 21st Century - 1937 AD to 2011 AD)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1829 AD to 1829 AD)
- None recorded
The Wesleyan Methodists have a small brick chapel in Aston upon Trent that was erected in 1829. (1) There is a chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) The Wesleyan Methodists have a small chapel in the village that was built in 1829. (3) The chapel is still extant by the 4th edition 25" OS map of 1937-8. (4) There is a Methodist Church situated here on modern OS mapping, but looking at Google Maps Street View, the 19th century chapel has been demolished and replaced with a modern one-storey building . (5-6)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 247.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 704.
- <4> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <6> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 25/08/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4152 2950 (14m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||ASTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 8 2017 11:56AM