The Royal Hotel, a public house, stands on High Street, Long Eaton, between Clifford Street and West Gate. On part of the Clifford Street elevation can be seen the only external part of the original house built by John Howitt in 1829. With the exception of The Hall, built by Henry Howitt [SMR 22587], this represents the oldest recognisable town house in Long Eaton. The house was altered in 1888 to create the Royal Hotel which almost encloses the original building; however, many of the earlier rooms can be recognised inside. (1)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).1, with photos.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4940 3344 (33m by 23m)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2017 4:46PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.